The DAFTAS short spoof film awards launched in London on the 29 January 2020 in London. The awards were founded by a London-based publisher and model Tamara Orlova-Alvarez in honour of her late partner Joe Alvarez – a renowned celebrity photographer and socialite who passed away from cancer in October 2019.
The DAFTAS is a nod to BAFTAS, celebrating short spoofs of BAFTA-nominated films. Up to seven minutes long, shot in one day and on a shoestring budget of just £200.
The DAFTAS judges
With celebrated judges including actor Karen Bryson MBE, the award-winning director Tom Lawes, fashion designer Olga Roh, film financier Adam Ziff and journalist Matthew Myatt, the ceremony attracted filmmakers and TV personalities alike.
The full list of the DAFTAS 2020 winners
- The Best Costume: The Fetishman
- The Best Original Music: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – Nikolai Orlov, Andy Pages
- The Best Cinematography: The Fetishman (Mark Haldor, Monika Miles, Tyler Winchcombe, Gavin Fowler)
- The Best Editing: Once Upon a Time in Peckham (Nuakai Aru)
- The Best Female Actor: Emelle Smith in The Fetishman (Carrie, Pacino, Joker)
- The Best Male Actor: Darren Charman in The Fetishman (Scorsese)
- The Best Film: The Fetishman